Monday, February 9, 2015

Sugar Cookies

In honor of Valentine's Day, I made some simple hearts to share. I even thought, why not write a valentine or two? I also was trying to ply Alexis with sweets so she would take some photos for me. 
I then realized I don't have a boyfriend to share them with… nor someone to write a valentine to.
More for my roommates and I.
Math lesson: Three is a good snacking number for one person.
Don't they just seem to say "Take me. Eat me. I'm full of sugar; you'll love me. I promise."

Sugar Cookies: Makes 12 cookies
Ingredients:
  1. 1/2  cup salted butter (room temperature)
  2. 1/2 cup sugar
  3. 1 cup flour 
  4. 1 egg
  5. 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats. 
  3. Beat butter and sugar together in a  stand mixer on a medium speed until fluffy.
  4. Add egg and continue to beat an addition minute. 
  5. Add vanilla.
  6. Add flour and mix on a slow speed.
  7. Roll out dough and use cookie cutters to cut out desired shaped.
  8. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes. They are delicious without icing, but if you feel the need for more sugar--no judgement-- just combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 4 tsp milk together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment