Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sautéed Broccoli for One

 This is my go to meal when I want something simple but delicious.
 You can't tell me this doesn't look absolutely wonderful.
 Sitting in a pan just. out. of. reach. 
 Broccoli has never looked this good until now. 
 Perfect serving for just one. All mine, mine, mine. 
 I definitely was eating as I was taking photos. No shame.  
 From raw to cooked in just a few minutes. My roommates were super jealous. (I did not share.) 
Oh yes. Nothing is better than sneaking in the greens to your diet, and loving every mouthful.
Ingredients
  1. 1/2 crown of chopped broccoli (I use the stem, and I cut all the broccoli into small pieces)
  2. 1/2 sweet vadalia onion, chopped
  3. 1 large clove garlic
  4. salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Coat bottom of 8" cast iron pan with enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan thinly.
  2. Over medium heat allow chopped onions to cook. Stir every once in a while with a wooden spoon. 
  3. When onions have started to soften add chopped broccoli.
  4. Use a garlic press and crush your clove of garlic into the pan. 
  5. Stir occasionally so the broccoli and onions don't stick to the pan. 
  6. When the broccoli is soft and breaks when you apply pressure with a fork, it's done. The onions will have completely softened and have taken on a brown crispy tint. They will be so sweet and divine. 
  7. I always add salt and pepper to taste at the very end. No need to keep overloading your food with it before hand. The olive oil and garlic give plenty of flavor before salt and pepper come into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment