Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Chocolate Chip Belgian Waffles

 Waffles are just about one of the greatest breakfast foods. 
 They can be topped with any number of perfect things.
 And since I finally bought myself a waffle iron...
 I kind of went crazy this weekend and ate them for breakfast two days in a row.
 And maybe had them for dinner too.
 But how can you resist such golden beauties?!
 Smothered in butter, and a little Nutella. 
 Okay, I'll admit I was just eating the Nutella out of the jar beside my waffle plate.
 I love making a tower of waffles. 
 Dessert for breakfast is the way to go.

Ingredients:
  1. 1 1/2 cup flour
  2. 1/2 cup cornstarch
  3. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  4. 1/2 tsp baking soda
  5. 1 tsp salt
  6. 2 cups whole milk
  7. 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  8. 2 egg
  9. 3 1/2 tsp sugar
  10. 2 tsp vanilla
  11. 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
  2. Add wet ingredients and whisk until everything is combined well.
  3. Turn on waffle maker and allow batter to sit while it heats up. 
  4. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out the batter onto your pre-greased waffle iron and cook until done. (Most waffle irons have  a little blinking light to let you know they are done.)
  5. Serve with butter and Nutella, brown sugar and powdered sugar, or fresh fruit, maple syrup, and whipped cream. The combinations are endless and I love them all!

1 comment:

  1. Kate, these photos look great! And of course, delicious too :)

    ReplyDelete